BEHRINGER DEEPMIND 12D ANALOG SYNTHESIZER
- 11.00 LBS
- Free Shipping
A Module Version of Behringer's Classic Analog Polysynth
The iconic synthesizer tracks on your favorite progressive rock, pop, and jazz fusion records from the 1970s and '80s are forever inscribed in music history. With the DeepMind 12, Behringer set out to create the ultimate analog polysynth — a 12-voice beast that can effortlessly deliver any classic synth sound you've ever heard — or imagined. You want one. Problem is, your keyboard rig is already set up around a master controller, and you don't have the space (or the inclination) for a 1970s-style keyboard extravaganza. Behringer has read your mind. The DeepMind 12D is the desktop module version of the popular 12-voice synth. Incorporating two digitally controlled analog oscillators and two LFOs per voice, three envelopes, a noise generator, unison mode with a handy Detune fader, an extensive 8-bus modulation matrix, a 32-step sequencer, four digital FX engines, built-in Wi-Fi, and more, the Behringer DeepMind 12D packs serious synthesis firepower that will make you a musical force to be reckoned with.
Pure analog bliss
Whether you're crafting killer bass lines; glorious, celestial pads; or snarling, in-your-face leads, the Behringer DeepMind 12D is one of the best-sounding — and most versatile — polysynths we have had our hands on here at Sweetwater. This synthesizer is packed with Behringer's best technology. The Curtis-style analog VCFs, stereo VCAs, and 12-voice architecture make it easy to re-create vintage synth magic or forge new sonic frontiers. Based on the chip design pioneered by the late Doug Curtis, the per-voice, adjustable-resonance, dual-slope-selectable 12/24dB VCFs sound incredible.
With its four effects engines, dual oscillators and LFOs per voice, three ADSR envelopes, 8-channel modulation matrix, onboard 32-step sequencer, LCD display with encoder, navigation switches, and data slider, Behringer's DeepMind 12D gives you the control you need for your soundscaping adventures. What's more, the DeepMind 12D's built-in USB, MIDI, and Wi-Fi offer remote control from your Mac, PC, and iPad, letting you custom-tailor a workflow that supports your creative process.
Start your (FX) engines
In the design of the DeepMind 12D, Behringer spec'd four simultaneous effects engines with over 33 TC Electronic, Midas, and Klark Teknik algorithms. On tap and ready for deployment are studio-grade Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Multiband Distortion, and much more. Meticulously modeled on iconic hardware processors and tweaked to perfection, these effects run in DeepMind 12D's low-latency operating system, giving you flexible routing and consistent performance with no cables to patch.
Lexicon and EMT onboard
The DeepMind 12D includes five impeccable reverb models — Hall, Ambient, Rich Plate, Room, and Rich Chamber — from the Lexicon 480L, a benchmark digital reverb unit. Thanks to Behringer's True Physical Modeling, these models nail the complete analog and digital circuit paths — even the unit's gain-stepping AD/DA converters, capturing every nuance precisely. Also onboard is Vintage Reverb, based on the fabled EMT250 plate, which serves up bright, shimmering ambience that won't overwhelm or muddy your tracks — highly recommended for vocals and snare drum!
Behringer DeepMind 12D Features:
- Classic polysynth module with 12 true-analog oscillators for ferociously fat vintage-flavored sounds
- 2 DCOs per voice, noise generator
- DCO sync and voice unison detune options
- 1024 patch memory locations with compare-and-match feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- 2/4-pole lowpass filter, additional highpass filter
- 3 envelopes: VCA, VCF, and assignable Mod
- Each voice features an independent LFO
- Unison mode with Detune fader
- Extensive 8-bus modulation matrix
- 4 integrated digital effects engines with 4 parts and over 30 types of FX
- Hard-wired effects bypass
- Arpeggiator/32-step sequencer with gate-time control
- LCD display with encoder, navigation switches, and data slider
- CV/pedal input to connect with modular systems
- All parameters controllable via Wi-Fi, editable via computer and tablet apps
- USB; MIDI in, out, and thru connections
- Polyphony:12 voices
- Presets:1024 program memories - 8 banks (each with 128 programs)
- Oscillators:2 per voice
- Effects Types:Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Amp simulator, Phaser, EQ, Filter, Distortion, Compression, Gates
- Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4" TRS (main out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- MIDI I/O:In/Out/Thru/USB
- Other I/O:Built-in Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz), Tablet remote control
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4" (sustain/trigger), 1 x 1/4" (pedal expression/CV in)
- USB:1 x Type B
- Features:Built-in Wi-Fi, 3 ADSR generators per voice, 8-channel modulation matrix, Analog VCF and VCA
- Software:DeepMind iOS app
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.6.8 or later, iOS 8 later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 7 or later, Android 6.0 or later
- Power Supply:Standard IEC power cable
- Weight:11 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:DEEPMIND12D